Aycliffe Drive Primary School will provide for all staff and pupils the opportunities and support to be able to be successful and to cherish our school.
- Our educationally inclusive school will be one in which the learning, achievements, attitudes and well being of all members of the school community matter. Inclusion is paramount to us and will characterise our aims and how we perform.
- Our school will provide a challenging, broad, exciting and personalised curriculum which will actively encourage, motivate and develop the talents of everyone in school.
- Our school will actively promote pupil participation via the principles of a Values Based Education, Leadership roles, active Pupil Council and cross age Buddy Groups. Pupil voice at Aycliffe Drive is crucial and all pupils will be given the opportunity to take responsibility and be encouraged to make a positive contribution to their learning, school, and the wider society.
- Our school is committed to being a healthy and safe place. Everyone recognises that investing in emotional, mental and physical health and providing a safe, secure environment enhances the performance and achievements of all pupils and staff.
- Our school will support our pupils in gaining the knowledge and skills required to keep themselves safe and healthy and to thrive in their future
- There is a culture of life-long learning at the heart of our school. We believe that a mainly distributive style of leadership increases the capacity for us to grow in an authentic manner.
- The school will have a distinctive and shared ethos of achievement where relationships between staff, pupils, parents, governors and the community are not only strengthened but nurtured. The school will be the hub of the local community. To achieve this the school is taking part in a Parent Partnership project.
- Our school will ensure that all learning takes place within a vibrant, stimulating and quality environment which is enhanced through the provision of imaginative resources.
Aycliffe Drive is a school where all our pupils matter to us.
Aycliffe Drive is a ‘can do’ school for all where every child matters. We strongly believe that every child is unique and therefore brings different experiences, skills and ideas into the classroom. This in turn influences how they and others around them learn. We would like all children to achieve their very best in all areas of school life.
When looking to the future, our vision is to ensure that Aycliffe Drive continues to be recognised as having a caring, nurturing environment and as a strongly performing school.
We have the drive and determination to be the best we possibly can be and all staff have outstanding aspirations on behalf of all pupils in their care. For our children the outcomes both academically and as a well-rounded citizen are equally important. We do this by promoting a positive growth mindset, lifelong learning and we encourage everyone to have a love of acquiring knowledge and skills. We strive for this by consistently delivering very good levels of attainment and achievement in all areas of the curriculum.
Our curriculum has been redesigned subject by subject with the intention of making important links, broadening horizons and widening cultural capital. This will empower children to be curious about the world around them. We firmly believe that reading is the ‘master skill’. Our systematic teaching of reading gives our children the confidence and life-long love of reading.
A huge emphasis is placed on developing our children’s physical and mental well being. We also provide pupils and staff with the confidence, knowledge and experience to be successful.
We are an outward facing school and work collaboratively and strive to communicate effectively. We aim to provide young people with the experiences they need to develop into confident individuals and responsible citizens who are equipped with the skills to meet the ever-changing demands of 21st century life in modern Britain.
Our Core Values
Each month of the school term, we focus on one word that is our ‘core value’ for that month. Examples of these are:
To be updated.