DSL for Safeguarding
Designated Senior Leader (D.S.L.)
The D.S.L. at Aycliffe Drive Primary School is Mrs Maria Green.
The Deputy D.S.L’s at Aycliffe Drive School are Mrs Shauna Eyles, Mr Hardip Channa, Miss Katie Fitzsimmons and Miss Helen Rumph.
We aim for at least one of these members of staff to be on site at all times. However, if for any reason they all happen to be unavailable, contact the school office who will ask a D.S.L. to contact you as soon as possible.
The D.S.L. will:
- Manage referrals, e.g. all cases of suspected abuses to the local authority children’s social care
- Attend appropriate training and refresher courses
- Have a working knowledge of how local authorities conduct a child protection case conference
- Ensure every member of staff has access to and understands the school child protection policy
- Have knowledge of the specific needs of children in need and those with special educational needs
- Make sure the school’s child protection policy is reviewed annually and the policy is available publicly
- When a child leave the school ensure their child protection file is transferred to the new school